Since I am majoring both in elementary education and special education, I have all the more reasons to use technology in my classroom. I have seen iPads used in every special education setting that I have been in. There are some great apps for the iPad that help students with learning concepts in Math, Spelling, Literacy, etc. When the iPads are used correctly, it is a great tool for the students. The prevalence of Smart Boards is also rising in classrooms. Smart Boards can be great for instruction in a regular education classroom in order to reach multiple students, whereas iPad use is more one on one or individual. There are many types of technologies that the schools are beginning to adapt, but first, the teachers need to know how to use the technology and when it is appropriate to implement the technology into their classroom to enhance the learning of students.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Technology in Education
Integrating technology into the classroom can be exciting, fun, and extremely beneficial to students. Since we are constantly progressing with our development of technology, there are becoming more and more reasons to integrate technology into the classroom to enhance the learning of students. If you are unsure about how to integrate technology into the classroom, and need a few tips, click HERE. This article gives three tips that all teachers can do when learning how to properly and successfully integrate technology into their lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really like this article! I think that the concept of using technology to enforce, not replace, instructional time is huge. I also agree that teachers need to be willing to learn about the various resources and activities that technology has to offer. Technology will be most beneficial in the classroom when it is up to date and used in the most efficient way possible.
ReplyDelete